Tuesday, November 18, 2008

reality sets in.

twenty-one.

seriously? no really, seriously.
first off, let me just say my birthday was AH-MAY-ZING. thank you everyone for being around & making it special. so my extravaganza wasn't exactly how i expected it to be... but i honestly can't complain. at all. here's a quick recap ::

tryst "midnight" - they really do not play cause they did not let me in till midnight. ha! but we pre-gamed @ my suite at the palazzo which i have to say THANK YOU SOY & TO DRE. hooked it up indeed. a handful of tequila shots i must say. then we get to tryst & christian buys me an adios. then in to tryst. SUUUPER FUN. i enjoyed everyone's company well to the extent of my semi soberness. then after everything all i can recall is pretty much nothing. i had a recap from everyone & saw my night thru the many pictures that was taken. which isn't a bad way to bring in your 21st. HOLLER!

lavo "friday/1114" - holler. my dress was so cute. i LOVE it to pieces. ehh, lavo was pretty... whack. haha. but it was still fun for the quick moment i was there. then went up to my suite & drank some more there. thanks for all that came out.

surprise! "saturday" - aww lex tried to suprised me at her pad but ended up at jem's. thanks you mamas! i always enjoy my people's company. love love love ya'll. they hella made me think we were clubbing so i got all dressed up & errythang! my lanta.

emi's girl's night - surprised emi at naked fish. so much fun, a lot of sake shots! but still great company. =] happy birthday mamas!

so all in all... my birthday weekend was surrounded by the best of folks. i thank all of you for being in my life & thank you for making this birthday special. & i thank god for letting me see another year & for giving me all the blessings for the years i have lived. =]


so back to reality.

the fact of the matter still hasn't set in yet but i am slowly accepting the fact i am of REAL legal age. i am offically grown. wow. life really just passes by & with each passing year it passes a little faster each time.

now... it is time to realize my goals, make the apprpriate moves & start taking risks. i want to be able to say "I lived my life" honestly, from here on out.. i am going to fully "live" this life of mine. because life is too short for boundaries, conformity, settling & sympathy. we live our lives & no one else. & although priorities might change, you should always be number 1. always. i see it as not being selfish, but merely understanding that one must think of themself as well as taking care of others.

... so here i am. back to reality. i must stay focused on goals, recognize the path & reach my destinations. BUT promise myself to take the time to stop & smell the roses, admire how beautiful a days is & never fail to recognize sunshine.

here's to being 21 & embracing the beauty of not only getting older BUT wiser.

No comments: