Wednesday, August 12, 2009

its not....

it's not that i have commitment issues...
i just appreciate the options.

it's not that i'm against relationships...
i just haven't come across someone who has made the effort to change my outlook.

it's not that there's something wrong with me that i don't have a boyfriend...
i just know what i want.



it's a little bit & i mean just A LITTLE BIT demeaning when i'm asked "so why don't you have a boyfriend?" in a manner that implies that there's something wrong with me. you might as well ask me, "so what's your dysfunction, that you drive all the boys away?" lol! yesss, i have been without someone for quite some time now... actually a REALLY long time. but i don't see it as something wrong, i've just focused on the relationship with myself all this time. don't get it wrong there have been a few guys along the way but honestly... i just want to live my life. considering the type of person i am & the lifestyle i live, it isn't exactly all easy peasy to find someone who can handle me. lol i kid, i kid.

i know what i want. out of a significant other. out of a relationship. out of a companionship. i've seen many people settle. & i refuse... that's all. =]

1 comment:

Christine said...

i used to HATE getting asked that question. whether the person asking meant it as a compliment or as an insult, it's an awkward question. how do you answer something like that besides with an "i dunno?".

our relationships with ourselves are first and foremost important. it took me a long time to realize it, and not until i was good with me first, did God bless me with a man who loves ME because i am all of me and nothing else. :)

you're good as you are. and you'll be just as good, not better, when someone who can complement your life comes along.

miss youuuuuu.